Thursday 17 November 2016

The Visa Challenge : GABON

(November, 14)
ARRIVED IN YAOUNDE

Let the Visa Challenge begin!

David Robertson: ‘’On Monday we walked into the Embassy merely to pick up 2 application forms for our Gabon Visa. I asked a man from the BHC (British High Commission) to converse in French.
I was told to ‘… wait over there..’ (read; disrespectful as possible)
A long 2 hours (!) later and after the BHC man had left I called my taxi driver in, to talk with the lady in French.
She said "how do I know you will leave Gabon? Prove it! " (read; even more disrespectful than before)
She wanted confirmed accommodation, proof of health, insurance and a list of other stuff, when all I needed was a simple visa to drive through the country.
My other visas are expiring, while they play these silly games, and when I pay for accommodation on fixed dates, I can’t get there on time.’




No comments:

Post a Comment